Raspberry Shrimp Salad
This summer salad recipe has a burst of fresh flavor, a rainbow of phytonutrients and a super high nutritional value from the avocado, mung beans and raspberries. This salad is gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free added sugar-free, pescatarian, and pegan.
Eating this salad was a heavenly experience for me! In addition to being the best salad that I’ve had in a longtime, I was also devouring it poolside with my roommate, Rebecca on a very sunny afternoon after our morning paddle boarding adventure! I could not have asked for a better salad or a better day!
Raspberry Shrimp Salad Nutrition
This salad is a nutrition rockstar–super high in fiber, iron, healthy fats, and plant based phytonutrients. The high fiber and iron content is due partially to the sprouted mung beans in the recipe which are one of my favorite kind of beans, especially for those with digestive issues. Mung beans are easier to digest compared to other types of beans and sprouting breaks down the outer layer which enhances digestion even more plus it increases nutrient bioavailability. Another benefit is that it cuts down on cooking time! Explore mung beans with this recipe and others or you can substitute it for another type of bean. I would suggest trying sprouted beans for those who experience excessive bloating or gas after consuming beans.
- 1 1/2 cups shrimp, frozen and thawed
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 head of small local lettuce
- 1/2 cup sprouted mung beans, cooked
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cups rasberries
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup red onions, diced
- 3 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Dressing
- Add coconut oil to a saute pan and place over medium heat.
- Once melted, saute the shrimp and garlic powder to the pan, over medium heat and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Wash and chop the lettuce into small bite sizes and add to a bowl as the base of the salad.
- Add the other vegetables and mung beans to the top of the salad, followed by the shrimp and the dressing.
- Enjoy the amazing flavor of this fresh vegetable salad!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 29 g||44.6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 16 g||5.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Sugars 4 g (Added Sugar: 0 g)|
|Protein 25 g|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.