Nutzo Banana Cacao BallsJump to recipe
Pop a few Nutzo Banana Cacao Balls in your mouth and you will be in love. The only sugar in the entire recipe comes from 1/2 banana, which is very low for nut balls. As an added nutritional bonus I also incorporated psyllium, which is one of the best sources of soluble fiber, meaning that it can be fabulous for helping to lower cholesterol levels, promote normal bowel movements, and support the removal of bacterial overgrowth.
I recommend packing a few Nutzo Banana Balls in your gym/work bag and popping 1-2 for a quick snack in between meals or as a ‘sweet treat’ after a meal! I hope that you enjoy these low sugar, fiber-rich, gluten-free, dairy-free savory nut balls! Let me know what you think.
- 1/2 banana
- 3 Tbsp cashew butter
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup hemp seed
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao
- 1 Tbsp psyllium
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until thoroughly mixed. The texture should be as smooth as possible with no noticeable chunks of banana or cacao.
- Roll the batter into balls that are the size of a golf ball. You may need to gently squeeze them together to ensure that they do not crumble. If the consistency is not hard enough then chill in the refrigerator for about an hour before rolling.
- Store in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Pack as a snack to take on the go or just dig in!
Nutzo Banana Cacao Balls
Serves: 12 Balls
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16.8g||25.8%|
|Saturated Fat 7.2g||36%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.4g||3.8%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
|Sugars 3g (Added Sugar: 0 g)|
|Vitamin A 0%||Vitamin C 2%|
|Calcium 2%||Iron 10%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.