This recipe is everything that anyone could ever want in one dish: quick, easy, delicious, fiber-packed, and a good source of plant-based protein. We aren’t talking any old pasta salad–it’s a bean based pasta salad with an impressive nutritional profile. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, added sugar-free, vegan, and pegan!
Since it’s Memorial Day weekend I want to give a shoutout to our armed forces and their families. Thank you for serving our country. While celebrating these amazing individuals and our awesome country try whipping up this extremely nutritious and tasty bean pasta salad!
If you are new to bean pastas then I would recommend one of my favorite brands, Explore Asian. They make an Organic Mung Bean & Edamame Fettuccini (used in this recipe) that has 10 grams of fiber and 24 grams of protein!! Talk about a nutrition powerhouse! The other great thing is that there are only three clean ingredients–organic edamame, organic mung beans and water. One of my favorite authors Michael Pollan always says that you should be able to picture any of the ingredients from the ingredient list in your pantry. If you can’t do that then it probably isn’t food. All three of these ingredients are whole and clean! Explore Asian claims on the packaging that the pasta is ‘Ridiculously Nutritious and Delicious’, which is the most spot on food claim that I’ve seen in awhile. Happy Memorial Day!
This recipe is everything that anyone could ever want in one dish: quick, easy, delicious, fiber-packed, and a good source of plant-based protein. We aren't talking any old pasta salad--it's a bean based pasta salad with an impressive nutritional profile. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, added sugar-free, vegan, and pegan!
- 1 package Organic Mung Bean Edamame Fettuccini by Explore Asian (usually sold at Mustard Seed, Heinens, Whole Foods and Costco)
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup Tessemaes Cracked Pepper Dressing (usually sold at Whole Foods)
- Dash sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Boil 8 cups of water in a medium pot. Add the fettuccini and simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the bell peppers (orange and red), red onion, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, rosemary, pine nuts, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Remove noodles from the stove and begin to strain and rinse under cold water. Add the noodles to the medium sized bowl.
- Pour the Tessemaes dressing over the pasta salad.
- Mix all the ingredients together and place in the refrigerator.
- Serve to all of your Memorial Day guests!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10 g||15.4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17 g||5.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 8 g||32%|
|Sugars 6 g (Added Sugar: 0 g)|
|Protein 17 g|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.