Arugula Lentil Pasta Salad
Throw together this summer lentil pasta salad and impress all of your guests with this flavorful, nutrient-dense dish. The lentil pasta from Tolerant Foods contains 21 grams of protein and 11 grams of fiber per serving, making this recipe the perfect plant-based protein source. The goodness doesn’t stop there! The additional ingredients in this recipe are bursting at the seams with nutrition with nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin A, lycopene, fiber, and cancer-protecting glucosinolates. This recipe is just too good to not try!
Anti-Cancer Compounds in Arugula
Combine the protein-rich lentil pasta with healthy fats from the extra virgin olive oil and pine nuts and plenty of vegetables and you’ve got yourself one balanced meal! Between the tomatoes and arugula, there’s plenty of plant-based nutrients to go around! The cruciferous vegetable, arugula is a diet-must if you are trying to improve your health. It contains an anti-cancer compound called glucosinolate plus a rich source of beauty enhancing nutrients such as vitamin C and A, and waistline slimming fiber. The fun doesn’t stop there! A 2014 review ranked arugula among the top 18 vegetables with the highest nutrient-density because of it’s disease protecting nutrients.
In addition to being very nutritious, it’s also loaded with flavor. You will be amazed by how well the roasted pine nuts, garlic, shallots, red wine vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil go together. The combination truly creates a nutritious party in your mouth!
- 1 box tolerant foods lentil pasta
- 1 cup yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups red tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- Dash of salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Add the pine nuts to a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5–7 minutes.
- Begin boiling water in a medium sized pan over the stove and cook the lentil pasta according to the directions on the back of the box.
- Once the pasta is cooked, strain the water in the sink. Allow the lentil pasta to cool.
- In a medium size serving bowl, combine the cooled lentil pasta with the tomatoes, arugula, pine nuts, shallot, garlic, garlic powder, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, and EVOO.
- Mix ingredients together and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 25 g||38.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 64 g||21.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 14 g||56%|
|Sugars 6 g (Added Sugar: 0 g)|
|Protein 26 g|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.