Bring it on Bean DipJump to recipe
Beans and lentils are arguably one of the most nutrient-dense foods with a whole host of nutrition-related benefits. Beans like pinto, black and black-eyed peas are a great plant-based source of protein and also contain high amounts of plant sterols, soluble fiber and micronutrients such as folate, iron, magnesium and many more.
This dish is super versatile and it makes a lot so you can have leftovers for the week! Throw it in as a side to any meal, as a dip with crackers or as a topping on eggs or a salad!
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup Primal Kitchen Dressing
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Drain and rinse the pinto beans, black beans and black-eyed peas.
- Add the beans to a medium size bowl and mix together.
- Chop the cilantro, red onion, red pepper, and celery and pour into the bowl with the beans, mixing all of the ingredients together.
- Measure and pour the dressing into the bowl and stir.
- Top the recipe off with salt and pepper for additional seasoning.
Bring it on Bean Dip
|Amount Per Serving:|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11.3g||17.4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||8.5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.7g||12.9%|
|Dietary Fiber 11g||44%|
|Sugars 5.6g (Added Sugar: 0 g)|
|Vitamin A 2%||Vitamin C 29%|
|Calcium 11%||Iron 18%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2023 Copyright BeingBrigid