Cinnamon Power BallsJump to recipe
The beautiful thing about these energy balls is that they are adult-friendly and kid-approved! That’s how you know that they are good. Kids require high quality fuel and there is no better way to provide that than these Cinnamon Power Balls! Instead of using added sugar as a sweetener, the recipe calls for three medjool dates, which are a dried fruit that does not contain added sugar. The other benefit is that the recipe is high in protein, fats and fiber to help balance blood sugar levels. Don’t wait until taste testing to get your kids involved! Engage them in the prep by letting them measure the ingredients, pour into the food processor and roll into balls!
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- Dash of sea salt
- Combine the pitted medjool dates and unsweetened shredded coconut in the food processor.
- Pulse the ingredients until smooth.
- Add the cashew butter, almonds, hemp seeds, cinnamon and sea salt to the food processor.
- Continue to pulse the ingredients for about 30-45 seconds, until the batter is smooth.
- Use the smooth batter to form small, round balls.
- After all of the balls have been rolled, store them in the refrigerator.
Cinnamon Power Balls
Serves: 8 balls
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 19g||29.2%|
|Saturated Fat 7.6g||38%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Sodium 42.8 mg||1.8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 24g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||20.8%|
|Sugars 14.2g (Added Sugar: 0 g)|
|Vitamin A 0%||Vitamin C 0%|
|Calcium 6%||Iron 10%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.