The food industry has been intentional in making you believe that a good tasting banana bread has to be made from refined white flour. They’ve made you think that you will be deprived of nutrients and/or pleasure if grains aren’t included in your diet. The truth is that all of these statements are myths, falling very far from the realm of reality. The real reality is that this Creamy Chocolate Grain-free Banana Bread is a nutritious breakfast or snack option, as it is rich in nutrients and free of gluten, grains and added sugar (except for the dark chocolate chips). Dive into this world of deliciousness and nutrition that is absolutely bursting with moistness and banana-chocolaty goodness.
This grain-free banana bread is an amazing breakfast option or post-workout snack because it is loaded with an awesome balance of proteins, healthy fats, and carbohydrates. Throwing this on your breakfast plate is the key to helping ensure that your blood sugar levels remain stable throughout the whole day, helping to prevent a crash that can lead to fatigue and sugar cravings. This also happens to be the perfect post-recovery snack because it has the quickly releasing protein from grass-fed whey which helps optimize muscle growth/synthesis after a workout.
Chocolate Banana Cream Grain-free Bread
By: Brigid Titgemeier, MS, RDN, LD
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 medium avocado, mashed
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 scoop grass-fed whey protein powder (optional for extra protein)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl combine mashed banana and avocado in addition to almond butter, eggs, melted coconut oil, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk all wet ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and whey protein powder.
- Stir all dry ingredients together.
- Slowly pour dry ingredients into large bowl and add chocolate chips.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the bread is cooked in the very middle.
Pre-slice and store in refrigerator to prevent from eating the entire loaf!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23g||35.4%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||55%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||5.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
|Sugars 8g (2g added sugar)|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.