Sweet n’ Crispy Gluten-free Apple Crisp
This sweet n’ crispy gluten-free apple crisp is the perfect holiday treat. It’s perfect for anyone looking for a healthy apple crisp alternative that doesn’t sacrifice flavor. Recipes like this are proof that you can still enjoy yourself over the holidays without derailing your diet. This simple 5 ingredient recipe combines some of my favorite nutritious foods. You’ll find everything from apples to gluten-free oats to grass-fed organic ghee.
Ghee (also known as clarified butter) is the perfect baking substitute for butter that will accommodate any dairy-free guests. My favorite brand is Pure Indian Foods because they are the only grass-fed and organic company on the market. All other ghee companies are either grass-fed or organic. Melt the ghee right on top of the other ingredients in this gluten-free apple crisp, bake in the oven and see for yourself that this is the perfect butter substitute! No margarine necessary!
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup grass-fed organic ghee
- 3-4 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place sliced apples evenly in the base of a 9x12 pan
- In a medium size bowl combine almond flour, gluten-free oats and brown sugar, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture on top of the apples, spreading evenly.
- Melt ghee in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Pour the ghee over the apples and dry ingredients.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until crisp.